• CONFRONTING ABUSE • EMPOWERING WOMEN •
TRANSFORMING NATIONS •
The Mordecai Project is a Christian ministry
founded by J. Lee Grady, a journalist, ordained minister and
author of the groundbreaking book 10 Lies the Church Tells Women.
The mistreatment of women is a global problem, but it is rarely addressed in many cultures ... and the church is guilty of sweeping this problem under the rug. Women are hurting and even dying because of domestic violence. We must confront abusers, change laws, enforce existing laws and work tirelessly for justice and compassion.
The Bible says both ''sons and daughters'' will receive the power of the Holy Spirit (see Acts 2:17-18). Yet too often Christians have limited women and even helped oppress them. The church today must embrace gender equality, and empower women to discover their God-given spiritual gifts and ministries.
Psalm 68:11 says: ''The women who proclaim the good tidings are a great host.'' Jesus discipled a group of women followers, and He commissioned Mary Magdalene to go and tell his male disciples that He had been raised from the dead. Women have a valuable place in Christian ministry. Christian men, including church leaders, must learn to recognize, value, protect and train the women in their lives.
This mission is accomplished through books, articles, preaching,
mentoring, leadership conferences, ministerial retreats,
and video teaching.
With Daily Meals
- Please pray for our team, especially for boldness to preach the gospel
- Please pray for the funding needed to carry on this work
- Please pray that God will shatter the demonic powers that are causing so much violence and misery to women and girls around the world.
- We need funds to complete our current projects in Guatemala, Peru, India and Colómbia
- We need additional funds to launch our Phase Two projects in Uganda, Malawi, Kenya and Sri Lanka
- Our Phase Three projects include Pakistan, Bolivia and other locations in Africa.